Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mr. Independent

Derek has gone off to Del Rio for almost a week! He's helping Tammy babysit Logan while Lanae adjusts to having two kids. Yay! Savanna was born yesterday and she's absolutely adorable!! As I write this, Derek has been gone almost three days. It's been a huge blessing to have time to catch up on sleep and spend time with Mitchell as well as Bryce, but I miss my little dude! I may or may not have shed some tears as I watched Tammy and Derek start off on the 8 hour trip out west. Blame it on the hormones. :) For some reason, I always end up making the biggest mess when packing for any trip. This time was no different and I've been cleaning pretty slowly the past few days. Today is the first super deep clean day, so I'm going to keep this post kind of short. 

I started getting Derek ready for the idea that he was going to see Logan about two weeks before he actually left. I think it helped him realize that a road trip was coming. The added bonus of riding with Giga (Tammy) was icing on the cake. Lol. Then I found a portable DVD player that had been marked down at Walmart and set Derek up with a few DVDs to take on the road. Turns out that has been a really smart purchase. Not only did it help keep him happy on the car ride, but Derek has been waking up at 5:30 am (thank you, Daylight Savings!), so Tammy just puts on a DVD for him and he stays quiet til Logan wakes up and then everybody can start their day. Hopefully he adjusts to the time change quickly. Here are the pictures from Monday. :)

 Finally! A picture of Giga and Bryce!

 Waiting for Giga to arrive. Such a handsome kid!

 How much junk can a kid need for a week?! This picture doesn't even include another duffle bag's worth of DVDs and unfamiliar toys to help keep the boys occupied and playing nicely. The wooden duck was a last minute stroke of genius. Logan will play with that thing for hours. :)

 Cheerfully waving and saying, "Bye, Mom!" Not a problem leaving Mom behind. :)

Blowing a kiss. He looks so big in the big boy booster seat!! I can't believe he's almost 3.

No comments: