Uncle Jared's Birthday isn't for another couple weeks, but we needed some excuse for cake and candles. :) I loved this little memory with Emeri, heehee. She claimed Derek's hat and insisted on wearing it during lunch but Preston kept trying to "borrow" it. She let him know that wasn't going to happen by kicking and screaming at him til the poor kid walked away with a bewildered look.
She sure looked cute in that hat. Love the photo-bombing Savanna in the back, haha!
Preston thought it was a game at first, but he didn't have fun for long, poor kid.
Happy birthday, Uncle Jared!
Andrew had his eye on the candles (we don't call him the Candle Bomber for nothing) but Aunt Lizzie has her eye on him! Haha!
Andrew photo-bombed all of Jared's present-opening pictures, silly kid!
We made hot chocolate to chase the cake down. I like mine with cinnamon, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Yum!

Later, after the kids had been put to bed, we all sat down to open Brother/Sister gifts. The way this usually works is that all the siblings divide into two groups. Each group goes shopping and one person from each group buys a gift for one person in the other group (that other person can't be their spouse). My group got gifts for everybody in the other group except for Mitchell because every time we tried to get the Warhammer 40K gift we wanted to get him, the store was closed. So, at the last minute, I went to Walmart with Liz to get the video game Mitchell had been waiting so patiently to be released (Diablo 3). I bought the game and then Liz and I decided to do a gag gift. We found a Barbie movie to give to Mitchell first and then surprise him with Diablo 3. So, I wrapped the Barbie gift in a masculine plaid bag and Diablo 3 in a flowery, frilly pink bag. It worked out that Mitchell opened his presents last of all which brought all his expectations to a head, haha! It was awesome. Tammy found a pair of beautiful peridot earrings for me from Kohls that match my eyes perfectly. I never thought to wear peridot before but I have to confess I'm a little obsessed now. :) We all had fun hearing about the different thoughts behind the different gifts and I'm glad we didn't just mail the presents to each other.
Mom scored a pair of awesome sunglasses and the game, Headbandz
Colton got a pair of resistance bands (same as Austin), Jared got an ab roller and a book and Sereen got a couple of cute shirts (same style as Lanae).
Liz got these sweet sunglasses, some plum colored suede flats and that pretty golden necklace.
We also got a great gift from her a couple days ago... she's pregnant! YAY! Can't wait for July 4th this next year. We joke that she sets the pattern for what gender my kids are (we both had two boys and then a girl) so I'm kind of excited to see what she has next (and secretly hoping it's a girl!).
Love the decorations for Jared's birthday. Notice the little plaid bag in Mitchell's lap? :)
He hasn't seen what's in the wrapping yet...
...commence confusion!
He only gets the real gift if he can open it, haha!
He was very pleased with both the joke and the real gift. I love it when I get it right. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment