Merry Christmas everyone! Mitchell got up with the boys so I could sleep in. Best husband ever! We had decided last night that we were going to do presents at 8, so the boys played with their stockings til then. We all gathered in the living room and Mitchell acted as Master of Ceremonies, passing out presents to everyone and I stayed fixed behind the camera. :) The boys had an absolute blast! There were toys, treats and smiles all around. Clara was warm and comfy in Aunt Amy's matching leopard print lap, lol. Mitchell and I have started a new method for buying presents for the kids. The rule goes: one thing you want, one thing you need, one thing you wear, one thing you read. This year, we only did the want/read parts and got the kids a toy and book. I loves this tradition and I can't wait to see how the kids respond to it in the future.
One of the gifts Clara received from Nana was a whole slew of 32 hair bows. They're the perfect size for her right now. Just for fun, I put one bow in Bryce's hair, but he clearly didn't approve. Derek, however, wanted to put bow after bow in his hair til we had covered his head in all 32 bows. It looked like a custom swim cap and we all had a good laugh about it. I can't wait to pull them out for his 18th birthday and show any future girlfriends, haha.
Good morning!
Derek opened the very first present - a book from Mom and Dad
Uncle Colton reading Bryce's new book to him
Aunt Amy and Clara have matching footed onesies. :)
The Leopard Ladies!
Derek loves these binoculars we put in his stocking and Bryce approves of Nana's gift, Candyland
Derek was very curious about such a big present...
...and was thrilled to find the batcave!
Sweet "spot"
Bryce was a little timid at first, but he figured out how to unwrap presents pretty quickly
Uncle Colton scored a game of Munchkin
Bryce begged Daddy to show him how to work the walking puppy
The boys ended up playing with the other's gifts, haha!
I think Clara will like this soothing, singing seahorse
He doesn't approve, lol
My silly, funny boy
The top view
The pageant pose - Aunt Amy's idea
No comments:
Post a Comment