Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Derek!!

I'm finally getting around to blogging about Derek's birthday party he had last Thursday. We kept it really small and had a nice time just chatting and watching Derek open and play with his presents. The missionaries (including the new elder, Elder Derrick... not kidding) came over for cake afterward and my mom, Rick, Amy and Valerie drove up from Keller. I'm still working out the kinks in my camera (I know, two weeks is a long time, but I'm stubborn) so I don't have ANY pictures of Derek with Nana, Papi or the aunts, but I think I'm figuring it out. So here are pictures!

Nana and Co. gave Derek two talking pop-up trucks. He loves them but popping them back down is still a puzzle for him.

This was Jeff and Tammy's gift to him. I think Mitch was more excited about this than Derek. :)

Grandpa Bazemore sent Derek a wooden bear climber toy...

...which Mitchell figured out how to use. Gold star!!

Jeff gave him an extra little light up airplane

Derek takes the airplane to bed at night. The propellers (which he tore off this morning) spin and the middle knob lights up lots of different colors. Poor description, forgive me, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about airplane anatomy to be more specific. :)

Tammy made this super cute little cake - french vanilla with a light lemon mousse inside. Delicious!!

YUM! I was surprised how neatly he ate. I think he licked the buttercream off his fingers after every bite. For a kid who doesn't really like sweets, he sure liked this cake!

No comments: