I totally forgot to add this super funny story to the blog, but I'll add it now. This happened a little over two weeks ago on the 20th...
Mitchell got the job offer from Nationstar on Friday the 20th and he promptly put in his two-weeks notice to Walmart that night. He left for work like usual around 3 and I did the afternoon routine with Derek. Once Derek went to bed for the night around 8 pm, it was Mommy Time!! YAY! Animal Planet had been showing old and new episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" that I had recorded, so I stretch out on the couch and flip it on. I watch one and start on the second, a particularly creepy episode in which a sasquatch had left a greasy hand-print on the inside of a lady's house in Florida. The windows are making sounds like little pebbles hitting the glass as the temperature drops outside. The walls are creaking occasionally as the house settles. A cup falls off the counter in the laundry room (it was left on top of the washer and the more energetic spins at the end of the cycle shook it off) - you can tell I was a little jumpy.
Mitch calls around 9 pm like he usually does during his lunch breaks and we start chatting. I tell him about what's going on and how I'm a little freaked out and he rolls his eyes (over the phone) and tells me I'm being ridiculous... and I know I am, but it's fun to be freaked out. We're chatting about his day when I suddenly hear a soft knock knock at the back door. I instantly stop talking. Knock knock. "Who's there" was the very last thought on my mind at that point, so I settled for a terrified whisper: "Mitchell! There's someone at the door!" He says I'm hearing things, but I hear another knock knock followed by a BANG! At this point, I'm sure I'm gonna die by the hand of some axe murder, so I shrink under the blankets (because everyone knows murders sneak in saying, "I'm gonna kill y - aw, crap; she's under the blanket!") and tell Mitch that someone's trying to break down the door. He very calmly tells me to go see who it is. "What?!" He comes back with, "No, seriously, let me in." At this point, my mind stops working. He's supposed to be at work! He raises his voice and calls to me from outside, telling me to open the door.
The stink pot had been sent home early so Walmart wouldn't have to pay him the overtime he earned.
No comments:
Post a Comment