Moving on to the Binkie Ceremony... I got this idea from somewhere other than Pinterest. I know this because I can't find it in any of my boards there, so I must've picked it up, well, elsewhere. Regardless, it worked like a charm. We had a rough first week, but Derek has done marvelously well. He helped me weed through all these movies and pictures this morning and kind of had a little binkie revival, but we squashed that with a let's-go-play-with-your-cars distraction. Hehehe...
The premise is simple: let the kid see/help you cut the tips off the binkies and then try to suck on them. Tipless binkies are usually too short to keep in their mouths by just sucking. Once they show lack of interest, help them throw them in the trash - and then immediately take the trash out. Voila!! No more binkies, and the kid thinks they did this on their own. Genius.
Attempt with Binkie #2 - we could only find two that night. I found two more later, but secretly threw them away. Bahahaha!!
Operation: Binkie Dump!
This video is optional viewing: it shows what happens 30 seconds after the binkie dump, when he finally realized what we'd done. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment