Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trip to the Park

Nana gave Derek a convertible tricycle for Christmas. He's been getting the hang of pedaling around the house, so Mitchell and I attached the steering handle and off we went to the park. One thing we didn't figure on was the pedals moving faster as we moved faster. There was NO way Derek could keep up with those pedals, so he ended up just letting the pedals move his feet. It was so funny that a lady pulling out of a nearby subdivision stopped her suburban in the middle of the road to tell us how funny he looked. Nice laugh there.

Big cheesy grin on his trike - yes his legs are already a little too long for it. Sheesh!

First thing he wanted to do was swing with Daddy

Second thing he wanted to do was push the trike...

...Til he saw the slide!

Big boy!

I love his smiles!

This kid talks up a storm! Here he is trying to tell me how fun sliding is... too bad I don't speak Derek.

Still talking...

WOOOOOO!!

The many faces of Derek. I don't think I can get the same face in two pictures.

This is what I get when I ask for a "BIIIIG smile!"

Yet another face... such a cute little stinker!


Ok, so for this picture, I'm just using a placeholder because I forgot to snap a picture. Mitch went home to get the car because I was feeling really sick, so Derek and I stayed at the park a little longer. Out of the blue, a lady walks by with her little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Anyone who knows me (or has talked to me in the last year) has heard about how much I love these little dogs... but I hadn't ever met one in person. Until last Saturday that is. :D He was soooo cute! Looks just like the one in the picture except he was a little chunkier and was prancing along with a stick in his mouth, just as happy as could be. And his owner was so nice, she stopped and let Derek and I "pet the puppy" (he wasn't too sure what to think, even though I tried coaxing him to pet the incredibly soft fur) and I asked her questions about where/how she found her Cavalier (totally forgot to ask his name). What struck me was how small he was... 12 inches at the shoulder if that. I mean, I know that's the normal height (they ARE toy dogs after all) and I'd seen pictures and televised dog shows but it hadn't just hadn't sunk in. I totally can't wait to foster when we get our own place! They're pretty expensive little dogs and we wouldn't be able to afford one until we're very firmly settled (probably after Mitch gets his masters' and we get into a more predictable chapter of life) but I would LOVE to foster and at least get some experience helping homeless Cavaliers find good homes.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh he is such a little cutie pants. And also so big! It kind of makes me sad how fast he's growing up.