We were all SO thrilled to wake up to a few inches of powder this morning. Derek finally gets his snowman! While Bryce and Clara were napping, Derek and I went outside to build a proper snowman. Derek quickly threw himself down in the snow on the driveway and made a snow angel. I didn't even know that he knew what a snow angel was! I tried to get him to help me build the bottom ball for the snowman but the lure of the neighborhood kids playing nearby was too strong. Eventually, the whole pack of them went into the backyard to play for a bit while I was left to build the snowman. It took me a while to remember how to pack the snow into a ball and roll it around to make it grow. The neighbor kids went home for lunch and Derek went inside to get warm and watch a movie, but I kept working at it because I decided I wanted to try something different - painted snowmen! I started to show symptoms of snow blindness from when I was out with the kids earlier, so I put on sunglasses. I just forgot about the possibility of sunburn. My face is getting redder even as I type, so I know it's going to be rosy red in the morning. :S I got Derek's attention when I went inside to mix the food dye and water in a squirt bottle and he decided to come out and help me. We turned our snowman into Raphael, the red ninja turtle! Bad guys, beware!
He sure doesn't mind getting messy
Real Derek and Snow-Derek
He's trying to roll down the driveway
Derek went to town with the green spray
Derek wanted sunglasses like mine, so I gave him a pair of 3D glasses from the movie theater. He didn't want to wear them for long.
Ta-da! Our neighbor thought Rafael was pretty cool and so did Derek. Totally worth the sunburn to see that smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment