Saturday, April 26, 2014

Face Painting at the Dirty Scurry

Mom helps run a mud run for kids called The Dirty Scurry. Derek will be old enough to run for the first time next year (you have to be at least five years old)! Mom needed some face painters and thought I'd have fun with that, so I volunteered. I only regretted it for a few minutes at 5:30 Saturday morning when I woke up to drive out, but I actually had a blast! Mom's friend (Rosa) had her sister (Maria) and another lady (Debbie) helping out painting faces, too and we made the face painting dream team, lol! We were so busy I didn't have even a second to take pictures of any of the cool faces I painted. I'm sporting the most popular design of the day in the picture below. I came up with that as a simplified design based off an picture of a far more elaborate face painting I saw online. But, it was still cool. 

Me, Mom and Val

Maria and Debbie were more comfortable using the shape stencils, but lots of the kids wanted more crazy stuff so they sent those kids over my way. Some kids wanted puppy, dragon or leopard masks, others wanted kitty whiskers. Some wanted the popular swirls, others wanted a swirly butterfly mask. Mom was showing me pictures of the kids who crosses the finish line (I can't use them here) and it was so cool to see my art on display.

Val brought her boyfriend, Rob, out to help too. They wrangled all the lost kids and helped reunite them with their families. It was great to see them and catch up on the last couple months!

No comments: