Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter at Home

We had an Easter Egg Hunt today. It was rainy, so we improvised and hid the eggs in the house. Growing up, my papa hid a $5 egg for us grandkids to find. One year, it was taped behind the Easter wreath on the front door, another year, it was hidden in the base of a broken bird bath. It's always hidden somewhere difficult and it's the smallest egg. This year, we didn't have a $5 bill, so I used quarters which made it necessary to use a bigger egg that I taped shut. I hid it in the couch cushions - within reach of little hands, but not visible like the rest of the eggs. None of the adults saw me hide it, either. :) We released the kids and it was pandemonium. As the adults were helping (and hindering in some cases since we wanted to give the littles a chance), I was taking pictures and watching to see who got the $5 egg. Sure enough, nobody found it and I started giving hints. The adults, particularly Colton and Austin, started hunting for it, but Katelyn eventually found it. Isaac started crying because he wanted to find it, so Katelyn said she'd share. Good thing I used quarters and I think I'll be doing that from now on because Katelyn went a step further and made sure everyone got a quarter. Bryce and Derek were thrilled to get eggs and Bryce was a bit more efficient with his collecting. Uncle Colton stepped in to help him, and Uncle Austin helped Derek on occasion. It was fun to hunt eggs and spend time together on Easter. 

Uncle Austin helped Derek find some eggs

Uncle Colton helped Bryce remember to put the eggs into his basket

Katelyn and Nathan found some eggs, too

Cheesy Bryce and photobombing Emeri

Only the oldest kids could reach the eggs on the mantle

Gracie was happy to watch the chaos from the safety of Jon's arms

Yay Bryce!

Andrew, Katelyn, Isaac, Nathan and Emeri count their eggs

Derek and his haul

Katelyn and Isaac the moment she found the $5 egg. I love how excited she is!

Katelyn and Isaac, a little calmer now. I don't think they ever really calmed down til much later

No comments: