The ward missionaries were asked to put on the Ward Easter Egg Hunt this year for Prosper 2nd Ward. Mitchell, Austin and Liz are ward missionaries, so I got roped in to planning meetings, too. It was kind of fun! The big day rolled around and everything went wonderfully! Great food, face-painting, socializing, great Easter message from bishop and then the Primary kids went crazy looking for eggs outside on the chapel grounds. We tried to keep the nursery (18 months -2 years), junior primary (3-7) and senior primary (8-11) age kids separate, but they all meshed together almost from the start. Bryce wasn't getting the idea that you pick up an egg and put it in your basket for later. He was just (mildly) excited that he found one egg. As he was reaching for another egg, an older kid, maybe seven or eight years old, swooped in to grab the egg. I stepped in between them and I thought I was being mildly reproving as I told him to save some for the other kids (he had a basket of at least twenty eggs!) but the poor kid got so startled, he tossed a few eggs out of his basket to Bryce as he backed away slowly. I still feel bad. Derek dashed up at that moment though and insisted that I admire both the big spider one of the young women drew on his cheek as well as the cardboard cereal box he had scraped up from somewhere to act as an Easter basket. We took a couple of quick pictures with the cousins and the sister missionaries and then we headed home. What an evening!
Bryce with the tribute eggs.
My sweet sunshine boy
Kitty cat Emeri!
Katelyn was all decked out
Evil Master-mind Andrew is going to take everyone's Easter eggs - look out Emeri and Nathan!
Sister Birch, Sister Allred (she's transferring out :( on Wednesday), Katelyn, Isaac, Emeri and Andrew. We love our sister missionaries!
There's a spider on your face!
Daddy and Daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment