Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nativity Activity

We went to see the massive community nativity celebration last night. It was awesome! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosted the celebration, but all the churches in the community provided nativities and choirs and other musical selections as well as volunteers. It was so cool! I can't wait to go again next year! There were over 700 nativities displayed and the cultural hall was decorated just like a palace.Jeff, Tammy and Colton came out for dinner at Chick-fil-A and then we all drove over to the Stake Center to see the nativities. Check these OUT!!

Derek loved shadowing Papa and looking at all the nativities. There were so many!

Everything from abstract...

...to ethnic (probably at least 40 countries represented)...


...to stunning...

... and a whole lot more!

This nativity from Hong Kong was almost holographic. So cool.

Shout out to my fellow Irish descendants! Holla! (As Liz would say) lol ;)

Loved the mini nativities

I've discovered the Santa-at-the-manger nativities this year. I've decided I want one. Such a great reminder of the true reason for the season. Not sure what the creepy little kid in the blue nightgown is doing in this nativity though. Definitely not an elf. A stowaway maybe?

This just cracked me up. I love the moose in sheep's clothing.

Beautiful wood carving of the nativity

Pretty little tradtional nativity... til you see the stable is actually a cave. Pretty historically accurate/plausible.

I love simplicity

Deliciousness! Wish we could've sampled it... eating baby Jesus just doesn't seem right though.

Real men wear babies. ;)

This was a stunning little nativity with color changing led lights. Too bad the camera didn't catch the colors too well.

Sisters! All three of my sisters-in-law are like sisters. So, I guess I have 8 sisters! :D Can't wait to take pictures with Sereen and Lanae here in a few weeks! And aren't Liz's bangs just darling? I love them. :)

Ugh, ok, I know I forgot to put my face on, but Liz was just so photogenic, I couldn't resist. Plus, I love her rockin' colorful scarf! Totally matched her orange pants.

Giga and Emeri!

Just had to add Javelin-Isaac. Boy was this entertaining. Colton didn't actually launch him, just so you know.

No comments: