Aunt Amy was in Denton this weekend for a volleyball tournament. We headed out to spend the day helping Nana get lunch ready for Amy's whole team and then went to deliver it and watch the game later that day. Derek had been rather fussy and running a fever the past few days, but the urgent care dr said it was just a virus and to let it run it's course. As you can see, he's obviously feeling better. :) Nana's pasta salad was a HUGE hit and Derek was flirting like crazy with everyone in sight. He was in attention heaven and the girls all thought he was adorable. At one point, he put his hand on a chair, leaned forward and crossed his ankles to talk to some of the girls while they were eating lunch. I wish he'd kept the pose long enough for me to snap a picture! Amy, Mom and I were laughing so hard! We ended up spending the afternoon hanging out with Amy in the hotel lobby while we waited for the game later that evening. Derek had a blast running up and down this hallway and Amy really enjoyed finding inventive new ways to scare him as he ran by.
Running down the hallway in his new U of Arkansas shirt... well, it's supposed to be a shirt. Looked more like a smock, haha! :)
Run run run!!!
Bryce was being a punk that day and I was really uncomfortable, but Amy lent us her room key so Derek and I could take a nap on her bed. It was so nice! Both of us woke up feeling so much better (my mom noticed I wasn't nearly as pale) and ready for the game! Mitchell drove out after work to support Amy's team and Derek was really excited to see him. He kept leading him around on expeditions all over the bleachers and the unused side of the court. One time, Derek unexpectedly changed direction and started running out towards the players. Mitchell snatched him just in time but my heart felt like it froze in my chest, haha! My camera didn't have as much battery as I thought, so I only got a few pictures of the game. :(
Derek would do anything for a bag of baked cheetos - including sit still on Daddy's lap. :)
High five!
The girl on the left is Rini, the middle is Bailey and then Amy is on the right. Derek loooooved Rini. He climbed right up on her lap after the game and laid his head on her shoulder. Wow!
Go Boll Weevils!!
No comments:
Post a Comment