I had a great birthday. :) Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. My good friend, Megan, sat at home with Derek while Mitch and I went to see Legend of the Guardians in 3D. I was seriously surprised that Del Rio had ANY movie in 3D, let alone the one I most wanted to see in 3D. The graphics were amazing, awesome, spectacular and every other less-than-adequate description. I've never felt my gut clench up in a movie theater - usually that feeling is reserved for the huge drop on roller coasters. I'll give kudos to the plot bunnies (aka writers) that put the script together, too. For combining the first three books in a series, they weren't very true to the books (who ever is?) but they made a pretty good stands-by-itself movie. Mitch actually enjoyed himself. I think it made him sad that he won't be a pilot though. Then we went to DQ for blizzards. The pumpkin pie blizzard is DELICIOUS!!! YUMMMMMM!!
Mitch is doing well. "They" decided that Mitch was no longer needed marshaling aircraft on the flight-line so he was reassigned to a desk job working in the base planning office. As he put it: "We have the most responsibility and the least authority." He basically plans all the base's activities. The most recent one was Oktoberfest, which I was bummed to miss (especially the huge pretzels!). Mitch told me later that it was one big keg party for all the LTs here. Glad I missed out on THAT! Mitch wasn't so fortunate. He was pegged to be designated "driver." More like designated babysitter since pretty much all of the LTs live 2 blocks from Oktoberfest fields in the dorm housing. You know you have to be super smashed if you can't walk 2 blocks. Mitch told me yesterday that the wing commander told everyone to go pass out on his enormous lawn rather than drive drunk and possibly lose their wings and their Air Force career. Hugely funny story: one of Mitch's buddies kept telling him that he loved him.
Drunk LT (with a definite slur): Heath, I love you man.
Mitch: Um... thanks.
Patrick (family friend): LT, I thought you loved me!
Drunk LT: Aw, man, you know I love you too. I'm like a whore with my love.
Mitch and Patrick have waaaaay too much fun with the vulnerable drunks. ;) They should have their own show: "Drunks Say the Funniest Things." You know you'd watch it. It'd be like the Anna Nicole Smith show. You just have to watch because you know, someday, she'll have to say something remotely intelligent. *sigh* Such is the life of a Mormon in the military. Rumor has it pubs have the best food though. I'm sure Mitch will find out.
Taps is playing right now. I love this part of my life - I have a daily soundtrack! Revillie sounds at 07:30, a fanfare and the National Anthem at 17:00 and Taps at 22:00. Derek likes to listen to the National Anthem. We go outside and he just stares and stares, trying to find the source (speakers that even I can't spot). He's figured out how to clap his hands this past week. It's so cute! He claps all the time now...changing his diaper, feeding Lacey, Lacey licking his feet while he's in his high chair, whenever he gets food, etc, etc, etc. He's also been making little efforts at standing unassisted. Gone are the days of sitting placidly in his crib or pack N play, now he always pulls himself up and, if I can't get to him fast enough, he bounces and/or cries til I come back into view. Occasionally he'll try to crawl around after me as I move from room to room, but he just can't keep up. Still has some major separation anxiety issues, but definitely not as bad since he's learned to properly crawl instead of look like an injured crab. :) He loves books, too. We'll sit in the rocking chair and read book after book. I'm so glad he inherited that love from both of us. Let's just hope it sticks.
As for me, I'm plugging along. Call me a glutton for punishment but I want to fill our other dog slot. I'd rather train two puppies at once than have to go through this while we have a smaller baby - or heaven forbid while I'm pregnant! It'll be a load off my mind, too. Pretty sure we'll get a German Shepherd or possibly inherit my aunt's boxer puppy. A little Pomeranian puppy got out of it's yard today. Super sweet, didn't bark at me and let me catch it really easily. Part of me would like that kind of dog, but I don't want a yappy dog. Poms are pretty good about that if you train them young though, and they're sooooo cute as puppies. A German Shepherd or Boxer would be more practical at this point though and they're just as cute. I dunno.
So, that's where this branch of the Heath family stands for the moment. I have pictures and video to upload but I lost the camera cradle. Hopefully I find it tomorrow and you get super cute (tasteful) naked baby bath pics. :)
Love you all!
1 comment:
I thought Reveille played at 7. I guess I'm not the best source for that since I'm not usually awake at that hour :P
And I've come to terms with the fact that drinking is just a part of the AF culture. There's no sense in trying to fight the fact that its there. We are the minority... and sometimes it stinks. But I suppose we just learn to be around drunk people. I don't think they get that its not that fun to be around drunks when you're the sober one... at least not for too long. :)
Post a Comment