Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Derek and I are both super excited for him to start school today. He and Bryce woke up at 5:45 this morning and I gave him his schultute after breakfast. He was thrilled to finally open it and Bryce was thrilled to help, too. Derek picked out his own clothes (he was absolutely set on that Jurassic Park shirt!), and he picked out his own Bigfoot backpack and T. Rex lunchbox. We left Clara sleeping while Grandma worked on her calling of transcribing patriarchal blessings and Derek, Bryce and I loaded up in the car to brave the drop off line. When it was our turn, everything happened so fast that I barely had time to say goodbye before Derek was off and yelling "bye, mom!" I didn't cry until the principle shut the car door and I was supposed to drive off. :S I sure missed him today, but he had a blast!
Finally! He was so excited about the candy, fruit snacks, batmobile hotwheels car and giant glowsticks.

"Let me help you with that, bro..."

Brothers and best friends!

Look at my giant five-year-old KINDERGARTENER!

I told him to strike a pose. Classic Derek!

He had to show off his Bigfoot backpack. :)

No comments: