Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Derek FINALLY Gets to Ride the Bus

The long-awaited day has finally come! Derek has been begging to ride the school bus ever since he saw the first bus drive by our door about four years ago. He was disappointed to not ride the bus yesterday, but I wanted to drop him off for his first day of school. :) I didn't get any pictures of that because it went so quickly, but this morning was adorable. Derek, Bryce and Clara were all up at 6:15 and we had a normal breakfast, but I packed a special cookie treat in Derek's lunchbox. :) The bus comes right at 7 am, so we all trooped outside at 6:55 to sit on the step and watch for the bus. Bryce and Clara wanted to sit right next to Derek and he was a great sport to scoot over and let them sit with him. I couldn't resist such an adorable photo op! Derek was quick to give everyone hugs and kisses as the bus pulled up. He was so excited that he was waving to us from his seat on the bus even as it pulled away.

The three musketeers!

He wouldn't take his eyes off the bus during this momentous occasion. :)

No comments: