Friday, April 24, 2015

Silverleaf Resort Trip!!

FREEDOM!!!! I'm still not sure how we managed it, but we scored a 3 day/2 night stay for $15 at The Villages Silverleaf Resort a couple hours south of us in Flint, TX. Austin and Liz were able to come with us and, even though Oakley had to come because she was still nursing, we were able to have fun adults-only time! Oakley was so easy-going and adorable and no trouble at all. Since Tammy is in Florida finishing up a Bob Ross instructor course, my mom came to stay with the kids while we were gone. Liz got some help from Jenna and a friend in the ward. On our way down, we found a Carl's Jr and had to stop! I was expecting more of a burger and not a crab/turtle/burger thing, but it was still tasty. After we sat through the 90 minute presentation that turned into a 3 hour attempt to get us to buy a timeshare type deal (which would be an awesome idea if we spent $1000 per year on entertainment, but we don't), we were able to check into the two-bedroom condo. It was awesome! Austin and Liz were a couple hours out at that point, so Mitchell and I watched some TV and took a walk around the grounds. Tall trees, the lake, lots of grassy lawn. Beautiful! We missed the last horseback ride by 30 minutes, but we still scored free passes to the water-park. The first night, we all watched a couple episodes of "River Monsters" (Liz and I agree that the host is a very attractive for a 60-something year old) on the pull out couch and ate turkey chili, ice cream, chocolate covered pomegranates/strawberries/pineapple for dinner. Haha! We had doughnuts and massive cinnamon buns for breakfast the next morning and were living it up junk food style. My body was not happy, but who cares? We headed over to the main resort location to play putt putt and hit up the water-park. When we finished putt putt and playing in the arcade, the guys decided to make a run for some pizza for lunch and I hung out with Liz while she fed Oakley. Poor Oakley. She was wearing a swim diaper most of the morning and peed through her swimsuit and onto blankets and the stroller (and Liz!), but she didn't really mind. She totally pooped all over the deck when we weren't looking though! Good thing we weren't in the water-park right then. :S Speaking of the water-park, it was nice but definitely geared more towards kids. We hung out in the lazy river and went down the two cool slides. My waterproof camera case came in handy again and I got some cool shots. About this time, I started feeling pretty icky. Turns out I had caught the same fever virus that Bryce had had earlier in the week, but I didn't pack any medicine with me. We wrapped up and headed back to the condo and the rest of the day is kind of a blur to me. I took a bath in the awesome jacuzzi tub in our master bedroom, wrapped up in as many comfy layers as I could and took a  nap. We had fun later that evening playing Battle of the Sexes when Austin and Mitchell (but mostly Austin) thought Pencil, Poodle, Mini and Raglan were different types of dogs. Lol. Liz made a spectacular guess that Zebco made fishing gear, I guessed correctly about Civil War era firearms and the guys totally picked out a blush brush from a picture in seconds. It was awesome. After that, we ate more ice cream and doughnuts and watch Thor 2. Packed up and went home the next morning to hang with my mom and Bella for part of the afternoon to end the trip on an awesome note. :) I missed my little boogers more than I care to admit, but it was so good to see they had a blast with Nana, Aunt Amy and Aunt Val. Nana spoiled them with Frozen cereal, Hulk waffles and Reeses Big Cups (a particular favorite with Clara)! A billion, billion thanks to Nana!!!! 

This happened a lot on the trip - with no background choruses of "Ewwww!" Lol

Oh, I mean it...

It totally looks like a crazy bacon crab/burger turtle, but I still ate that Western Bacon Burger!!!!

Delicioso!!!

My handsome hubby on our walk down to the lake

They should really make extensions for tall guys

Liz found the golf ball Mitchell hit into the pond!

We were really entertained by all the quirky shots (like this one, that went straight over the barrier rocks into the grass) Lol!

Liz and I got a good laugh out of climbing on all the stuff we would normally be telling the kids to get off of. Haha!! Parents unsupervised!

Austin is Liz's Guitar Hero!

We got a kick (or a punch, really) out of seeing how hard we hit in this punching game. Liz is a beast!

Mitchell OWNED this Lord of the Rings pinball! Way to go, babe!

Of course, Liz couldn't resist the basketball game! Look at that form!

Austin may have beat her score by three points... :D Competition runs deep in this family

But they're good sports in the end!

He's my Top Shot! :D

Liz helped Oakley get in on the snowboarding action

Oakley loved hitting the big flashing boost button

The adorable little flower girl!

These two were wrestling all up and down the lazy river

Oakley curled her little foot as far away from the water as she could, haha!

Tie!

Beast mode!

Yeah, this is about the time I started feeling icky... Oakley was pretty tired, too.

Relaxing in the wave pool

Love this shot of Mitchell!

Hot Mamas!! Ow Ow!!! :D

I only have one eye, but Oakley's face was too adorable!

I sure do love this man. It was AWESOME to get away and spend time together, just the two of us. Love you, babe! :*

No comments: