I rarely have to fight the urge to wake Derek up after he's gone to bed, but I got the coolest phone call late Sunday night from Nana and Aunt Val. They had scored tickets to the Dallas Star's hockey game and wanted to take Derek with them to celebrate his birthday. So cool! Nana told him this morning when she facetimed with us and Derek has been wearing his hockey pads and mask off and on today. He begged to wear his pads and mask to the game, so I packed them in a backpack for him to take with him. When Nana showed up at the door to pick up Derek for the game, he was all smiles and so excited to go. He gave me a hug and a kiss and not a thought more after he climbed in the car. :( My baby is growing up so fast! Nana and Aunt Val and Rob made a sign for Derek to hold while watching the hockey players warm up. It worked and Derek got a puck from Nana's favorite player, Trevor Daley. He skated over, dribbled the puck a little and then popped it over the glass divider for Nana to catch. Derek came home so excited to show me the puck "his number 9 guy" gave him. (He talked about "my guy" for several days after.) I'm so glad he had this wonderful opportunity. Thanks Nana and Aunt Val!
Derek likes to be dramatic
He likes to strike poses and say, "Take me a picture, Mom." I think he means, "take a picture of me."
He loves to wear this hockey mask Aunt Val and Rob got him for Christmas
Sitting in Nana's car about to head off on an adventure!
They got to the rink early enough to get front row seats for the warm up
Awesome sign!
Thank you, Trevor Daley!
What a cool souvenir!

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment