Grandma and Papa had always wanted to put a playground fort in their big backyard for the grandkids to play and create memories on. Tammy decided it was high time that dream was realized and the playground was assembled today! I was put in charge coordinating the assembly appointment since I'm the one at home and, when I called to set it up, the guy that answered turned out to be LDS, too. Crazy! The last few operators I've talked over the months have been LDS. Pretty neat. Anyway, the assembly crew came today to set up the playground and the boys were fascinated. They insisted on staying outside to watch the two men work with their tools, so I made the boys sit on a bench to watch from a safe distance. These poor workers had to deal with my indecision trying to meet the specific instructions Tammy had left and I finally said I'd move it myself if she didn't like the location, so they proceeded to finish building. As they were eating lunch, Derek snuck out to talk to them. They politely ignored him (he's difficult for strangers to understand sometimes) and Derek asked them why they don't talk. I apologized to them, but I told Derek that some people didn't grow up speaking English like we do, they have a superpower - they speak another language. Hopefully, he'll remember that lesson. The boys were so excited when the fort was done and they were finally allowed to climb and run and swing and slide! As dinner approached, they begged to eat dinner outside at the little table under the playground and of course we indulged. The little table was promptly christened with mac and cheese, but I can't imagine how much fun the kids are going to have out here. Thank you so much, Grandma and Papa Heath!
It's going up!
Derek was quick to point out new additions like the roof and monkey bars.
Even the most enthusiastic need a break sometimes
Almost done! Just need the slide and hang the swings
These boys are so excited. Derek insisted on a picture with the fort.
First slide!
Let the adventure begin
Derek loves the crow's nest. He can see our new church building going up just down the street from up there and has been calling it the temple. He's always pointing out church steeples and asking if it is a temple.
Bryce is just along for the ride on this swing, but Derek is more than happy to pump
The first of many dinners at this table
No comments:
Post a Comment