Liz, Lanae and Sereen have been wanting to try a Pinterest recipe for egg white hair mousse for a while now, so we decided to just do it one morning. Liz and Lanae had already showered, so they whipped up the egg whites while Sereen and I washed our hair. I didn't get any pictures of Liz doing Lanae's hair but it was cute! I was a little skeptical as Liz started moussing up my hair, and we decided to braid it into two braids to set the curls and give my hair more volume. Mitchell got a big kick out of following me around spouting Princess Leia quotes. Har-dee-har-har-har. Liz's hair was starting to go mullet-ish so Sereen trimmed the back with hair clippers. She did a great job! We headed to Sam Moon that afternoon where I got several compliments from the Asian ladies on my double buns. Lol! I guess anime knows no age limits, huh? I scored some super cute earrings and an awesome necklace though. Well worth the trip. When we came back home, Lanae and Sereen offered to watch the kids so Liz and I could go out on a date with our husbands. AWESOME!!! Liz took my hair out of the buns (they were still a little damp) and arranged my hair to her satisfaction before Mitchell was allowed to see me all dolled up. ;) He loves it when I play dress up.
Egg whites! Looks like frosting.
AHHHH! I forget how long my hair is. I put it up most of the time to keep it out of Bryce's reach.
Let the transformation commence!
Peek-a-Sereen!
Ugh. The girls loved this hair do and I'm just not feeling the untamed look.
Sereen and I putting a new take on the half-up hair do.
Commence Princess Leia/Star Wars jokes. I thought they were kind of cool.
Here's Liz's before pic - she's so cute!
POOF!
Well, POOF! Now she's finished. Very polished and volumized. Nice!
I think we were all a little nervous. Liz was spontaneous and insistent that we clip her hair. Sereen was the one brave enough to take the plunge.
After the buns are down (and before I put on make up). It was kind of crunchy. Looks pretty though.
Mitchell certainly approved. I love my hubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment