Thursday, February 28, 2013

T.Rex Bike!!

We hit the jackpot! Someone was moving out of their apartment and offered to give us one of the bikes their boys had outgrown. Little did I know that those bikes included the T.Rex bike Derek has been obsessed with touching every time we pass by. What a huge blessing! I was so excited as I took it home. Mitchell had already left for his evening shift and Derek was still taking a nap, but I couldn't wait to show Derek (I know, I know, I should've at least waited for Mitchell to be there). I'll spare you the whiny, crying toddler in the reveal video but his reaction was a little less than interested at first. Once he really woke up, all he talked about was the T.Rex Bike. He wanted to sit on it all the time. He even wanted to eat dinner while sitting on it. The carpet proved to be too difficult to pedal on and, since this was his first time riding a bike with pedals, needless to say he didn't move that bike a single inch. Mitchell took him out on the sidewalks the next night and he made some great progress! Of course, this account of the T. Rex Bike would be incomplete if I didn't include the infamous T. Sex Bike. I took a picture with my phone and texted it to all my family with the caption, "The T.Rex Bike!" Or so I thought. I received a text from my dear sister-in-law, Sereen, who kindly alerted me to my phone's autocorrect sneak attack... my text really said, "The T.Sex Bike!" Ugh. 

 So excited when he woke up a little more!

 The T. REX Bike! ;)

 All he begged to do this evening was watch Dinosaur Train WITH his new bike. The bike wanted to watch Dinosaur Train. Riiiiiiight....

The next morning, he came out ready to go... or so he thought. No worries; I made him put on more clothes. 

No comments: