Derek is an absolutely fantastic big brother! Not gonna lie, I was really worried when we first brought Bryce home. I thought Derek was going to freak out and be really aggressive with him. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle that. All of that worry (well, most of it) was for nothing. The only thing I worry about is how hard Derek is hugging Bryce or the handful of times he's picked Bryce up to "hold it (Bryce)" when I'm not watching. I kind of feel left out when I watch these two play together. It's as though the only thing in the world is the other brother. I love it! I feel so incredibly blessed to have had so many friends and family members help make this transition to two kids very nearly flawless. Derek has been asking to feed Bryce since we brought him home. Unfortunately, I was the only one who could do that.... until we started supplementing with formula. I made it three months nursing exclusively which was my minimum goal for nursing. I'm still nursing but formula is the only way to make sure Bryce is full now. :( I'm so glad for the time I had nursing, but I'm also glad to be getting my body back. Derek was thrilled when I offered to let him feed Bryce this morning. He had this big grin on his face the whole time...
He is such a good helper! Always ready to bring me a rag/diaper, turn on/off the light, or entertain Bryce.
I caught him playing Dinosaur Train today. Surprise! He loves cars and trains and planes, but he always loves the Dinosaur Train set. He has a pretty impressive mastery of various dinosaur names, too.
He's got a great imagination, too. He's constantly telling me is half-eaten sandwich is shaped like a motorcycle, boat or car. I listened to him singing the Dinosaur Train theme song while adding his own authentic train whistles and cries of "Stop the train!" for a good ten minutes before I just had to snap some pictures. He's such a fun kid and I'm so very blessed to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment