We went Trunk-or-Treating with Giga and Papa today! Derek had a blast when he realized all he had to do was say "trick-or-treat" and someone would give him a fistful of candy (or better yet, let him TAKE a fistful of candy). He made several rounds of the parking lot full of members of Jeff and Tammy's new ward. Everyone we met was very friendly and it seemed like a great ward. Hooray! Mitchell and Giga took Derek on his rounds while Papa and I held down the fort at the trunk passing out candy. We saw the same ninja at least 6 times... must have been a freshman at the ninja academy (Mitchell kept saying, "If he's a ninja, we shouldn't be able to see him.") Haha! It was so much fun! We went back to Jeff and Tammy's apartment afterward and had pizza and wings, drank sarsaparilla like the cowboys of old (yes, that's the correct spelling) and watched Wipeout. I keep having a harder and harder time climbing all those stairs but maybe that will help Bryce come sooner. At the very least, I get my workout in for the day and completely justify eating the cake or goodies that Tammy offers us. ;) Here are pictures of the trunk or treat...

My mom found this monster suit at Toys R Us. Derek and I dissolved into giggles when he tried it on before we left for the trunk or treat. Isn't it so cute!! :D
Happy Halloween!
He's testing the waters... what is the secret to getting at the candy?
See the three-fingered hand/glove? I love it!
"Eye" see you!
Snapped a picture of him saying "Help please." He's such a good kid!
Yep, double fistin' the suckers. He just crunched the head of a dum dum off that little stick.
Chillin with Papa... sucking on a sucker... watching a gorgeous Texas sunset...life can't get much better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment