Monday, September 17, 2012

What Happens in Sam Moon, Stays in Sam Moon...

...unless I bring my camera!! HAHAHAHA!!! Sam Moon is a jewelry store heaven. Jewelry and purses line the walls and nary a male is seen... except the not-so-little two year old boy with his mom, Nana and Aunt Bella looking for the perfect wedding hair piece. We didn't find anything similar to THE piece Aunt Bella saw at the bridal shop (but lots of pieces looked very pretty) so we decided to stop in to another part of Sam Moon that contains luggage and all kinds of gifts. Derek immediately dragged me to the back of the store to look at all the little toys and knick knacks and I spied a bin of rubber masks... and couldn't resist...

 I put this rubber horse head mask on him and helped him find Nana and Aunt Bella in another part of the store. Imagine turning around to see this 3'3" horse-headed toddler walking toward you.

What does the horse say?

 He's found yet another nose to pick

 This was the easiest mask for him to see out of


Demented Squirrel Dance

I wish I'd gotten video of our reaction to this picture. We laughed all the way out to the car.

After Sam Moon, we went to see Finding Nemo in 3D. Bella has been talking about taking Derek to see Finding Nemo in 3D for several months now, so we're glad she finally got to live her dream. ;) I was very pleasantly surprised and very relieved to see that Derek sat still for pretty much all but the last 20 minutes of the movie... and even then, he only switched between chairs and laps. We had the theater almost to ourselves except for one other family with a small toddler way down in front of us, so that really helped my stress level stay down. This theater served lunch, too, which was delicious!! Mitchell was even able to take an extended lunch to watch the movie with us, which was a huge bonus! What a perfect day! :D Thanks Mom and Bella for spending that precious time with us (and for getting me out of the house, lol). 

No comments: