Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Post!

Yep, feeling unoriginal today, so that's the title I'm sticking with. :) Derek has been learning how to dress himself lately and, while I'm not pushing him, I'm certainly encouraging him. I gave him an open ended go-put-on-a-shirt-so-we-can-go directive (he did have pants on at the time) and this was the response I got...

 T-shirt he slept in the night before (and decorated with oatmeal at breakfast), clip-on tie he refuses to wear for Sundays, and his favorite light-up Lightning McQueen shoes (impressively on the correct feet). Priceless.

This past Sunday Mitchell pulled out his Warhammer game to assemble some new pieces while Derek was napping. Naturally he was still assembling (some of these things have 20+ pieces!) when Derek woke up... and Derek made a bee-line for them. I love it when these two get together to "play" Warhammer. It's adorable! We'll teach Derek the rules of engagement later on but, for now, he sure does get a kick out of playing with "Daddy's toys."

Playing with Daddy

He was determined to take out Mitchell's guy

 Shooting something with the motorcycle. Apparently both accuracy and shot burst increase with the correct facial expressions. 

 The motorcycle suddenly sprouted wings and became airborne - see the tongue making a propeller sound?

No comments: