Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treating!

My little pumpkin boy! Derek was so cute this Halloween! This is the second year he's been some sort of a pumpkin though. Mitch has dibbs on next year - I think Derek's going to be a cowboy with a penciled in beard. :) Might change though. Nana, Papi and Aunt Val picked us up to go trick-or-treating with Aunt Jenn and my cousins, Ally and Tyler. Their neighborhood had some awesome houses (wish I'd thought to take pictures of those!). I was kind of pre-occupied keeping an eye on my little guy. Aunt Val took him up to most of the houses (thanks Val!), so I was able to enjoy the scenery. I'm glad we didn't hit many houses - less candy for Mitch and I to eat! To be fair, though, I let Derek eat the M&Ms and a couple Crunch bars. The rest will be going in Mitch's lunchbox for work. Without further ado, here's the little pumpkin boy!!

Aunt Val got the best pictures of him that night!


Finally saying "Cheese" to the camera!






What Halloween isn't complete without responsible parents scaring their kids?



Before he got dressed, his cousins handcuffed him. :P

He was excited to go trick-or-treating with his cousins, Aunt Val, Nana and Great-Aunt Jen

Check out that cool skeleton candy basket Nana got him!

He was fascinated by all the kids in costumes

Derek wasn't the first to wear this costume... I was! This is me when I was five, I think. All my sisters but the youngest have worn this outfit. I'm amazed it's still in such pristine condition. Here's to hoping the tradition will live on!



Derek figured out what the piggy says...

No comments: