My mom, Rick and Val came up to Mckinney to take me out to dinner. SURPRISE! We were going to Gamm's! That was an awesome surprise. We had a blast eating pizza and went for DQ's pumpkin blizzard to round out the evening. Derek was super cute the whole evening - just chock full of personality. Gamm had a train set she wanted us to pull out for Derek. He LOVED it! Aunt Valerie helped him figure out how to push the button to make it go forward and push the only other button to make it go backward.
The poor train engineer got stuck. Not sure if he just lost a dare or lost his mind.
Ok, so the story behind this one. All of us were eating our blizzards and Derek wanted some. Unfortunately, the kid is lactose intolerant, so ice cream was out of the question. Nana gave him applesauce though and he started playing with the empty container. When he held it up to his face, it covered his nose and mouth and looked for all the world like the emergency oxygen masks that fall from the overhead panels in the plane - sans oxygen bag, mask strap and tube though. Still, really funny observation that had us cracking up.
1 comment:
I love the heavy breathing on the phone comment. I always assume when I get phone calls from my friends and there is heavy breathing shortly after I pick up, one of their kids accidentally dialed me. Although I always wonder how that happened since my name starts with M. :P
Post a Comment