Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Massive Storm

Welcome to Channel Heath News...

In the McKinney area, there are major storms progressing. Here is evidence. I swear this is not on fast forward, but I think God is throwing a disco party upstairs - complete with heavenly strobe lights.




We thought we were in the clear - little rain, no problem. View from the back door.



View from the front door - rain was being driven nearly horizontal down the road.

Pretty scary stuff. We woke Derek when the tornado sirens started up - he thought we were having a party. I think the scariest part of all this was that we would not have been able to hear the sirens if we were asleep. They're very faint. We had to open the back door to hear them. Couldn't hear them at all from the front door.

All is well though. The storm is almost over and Mitch is safely at work. We are very blessed.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh that's scary! I'm so glad you guys are safe? How close was the tornado?

Kadi Heath said...

There were several. The closest was about 30 min away but the storm was heading for us. Luckily, no more tornadoes after that. :D

Kadi Heath said...

I should clarify - not all the tornadoes touched the ground. I know, I wasn't really in a life or death struggle against the forces of nature, but it sounds pretty cool, right? ;)