Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heath Stuff

By now, most, if not all, of you have heard that Mitch didn't complete Initial Flight Screening for the Air Force. This means he won't be able to be a pilot. He's filling out his reassignment paperwork now and we should have an answer in the next couple weeks... hopefully. His top choice is Intelligence, followed by Space and Missiles, Air Field Operator, Logistics Readiness, and Aircraft Maintenance. It's funny how Heavenly Father's plan works out sometimes... the only place Intelligence does their training is Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX (which is just north of Austin). We'd be even closer to family. :) Another base is Hill AFB in Utah. We still have the opportunity to go overseas with any of the positions we listed, too. That was one thing we were really excited to experience, and it's reassuring that we still have that opportunity.

Mitch's brother Jared is getting married tomorrow! Yay! We're so bummed that we won't be able to make it, but our sister-to-be, Sereen, sent Mitch a tie that matches the other groomsmen as well as a sweet note. I'm so excited to meet her at Christmas-time.

So, twisted as it may seem, I'm excited to move again so soon. :) Call me a glutton for punishment (because the whole moving process is not too fun), but I'm excited to see a new place, a new home, a new circle of friends... and possibly a temple, too! By no means will I forget the friends I've made here though; I still fully intend to keep in touch. :) Del Rio has been good to me. I've also been able to sort through all the junk we accumulated during our time in Provo, haha! Papers, old mail, class assignments... you name it, we probably found it hiding in one of our boxes. I think this next move, we'll have the movers unpack us, too. They can't put anything away, but I would definitely appreciate not having to deal with the boxes. Plus, we can see everything we need to organize, throw away or put up. We might have to get a new crib, though. That stinks. I like the crib we have now, but the packers lost the screws that put the crib together and I have NO idea where/how to get replacement screws.

Mitch had the funniest thing happen to him the other day. We laughed and laughed when he told me about it. Monday is blues day... everyone in the Air Force wears short-sleeve blues. Let me just say, Mitch is hot in blues... super hot. And I have independent confirmation. :) A female Airman walked into a door checking him out. Oh yes... he walked past and she forgot to turn the door handle. My husband is sexy. ;)

We have a washer and dryer! YES!! I feel like such an adult now. Haha... funny how it's the appliances and not the baby that makes me feel older.

Derek's eczema is much much better. I think he just has flare ups when we go to really humid places like Corpus or Montgomery. It's ok though; we've found a great lotion (Aveeno Eczema Treatment) that works wonders. Speaking of Derek, he is demanding my attention right now, so I will leave off writing and possibly post some pictures this afternoon of the house, Mitch, Derek and other random things. :)

4 comments:

Abigail Rogers said...

I see that you are interested in the Air Force. Perhaps you would enjoy my cousin’s blog:

http://crewchiefblues.blogspot.com/

She can turn the most mundane incidents of daily life into hilarious blog posts! If you want to see the funny side of the American military, look no further.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

We try to remember that the Air Force doesn't write your orders; God does. When Ty had a hard time at IFS last year, we were wondering too if the plan we set out to complete was not the one meant for us. Its been a hard year since we've moved here to Del Rio, but I'm glad that Ty has made it as far as he does. Things always make more sense in hindsight. I sort of envy you guys too in a way; leaving the Rio so soon! Its definitely a love hate relationship I have with this place. We're grateful that we're here, but we will be so happy when its time to go! :) Good luck! Hope all continues to go well for you guys, where ever you go in the AF!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

aveeno is AMAZING!!! it's the only diaper cream that works for bella... and their bath oatmeal powder was amazing on her excema and we use their lotion and body soaps for her. LOVE aveeno.

funny that it's been almost 2 months and we still haven't even heard anything huh?

Kadi Heath said...

I'm also glad Mitch made it this far. Now, he won't have to deal with all the "what-ifs:" what if I had applied for a pilot slot, what if I had been great at flying, what if, what if, what if. :) I think Heavenly Father knew we needed to go this far and have it end the way it did to be able to find satisfaction in a different job. Now we can move on and hopefully find something that Mitch excels at. We'll miss all the friends we made in the pilot world though - I hope we get to see each other again.

And Adrienne - it's hilarious. "Hurry up and wait" is truly the Air Force motto. ;) Aveeno is a
Godsend.