Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I know that my Redeemer lives

General Conference this past weekend was absolutely amazing. I truly felt like I came to better know my Savior through the testimony of his chosen prophet and apostles. I am so grateful for the love of my Father in Heaven and for His endless patience with me. No matter how often I stumble or fall short, He still is there to whisper encouragement to me, wrap His loving arms around me to reassure me and help me succeed. I will always be grateful that He helped me find my beloved husband and blessed me with such a wonderful child. We have food to eat, a roof over our heads and still have the occasional opportunity to beautify our home.

I know that Jesus Christ paid the price for us to be able to repent and become clean again so that we may live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is called of God to serve as His prophet in these latter days. The Book of Mormon is a book of truth. It contains the record of the Nephites and Lamanites - ancient peoples, some of the Lord's "other sheep" that he visited. It contains the word of the Lord. The Lord loves each of us and blesses us immeasurably. I hope we can each feel that love and apply the counsel we received for these next six months to be able to draw closer to the Lord and be happy.