Monday, August 1, 2016

Cow Roundup

 So it begins. The land behind the house has been sold and will be developed into a neighborhood. Tammy was very vocal and very involved in the design of that neighborhood in order to preserve the quality of (and mitigate negative effects on) the Deer Run neighborhood where we live. Development should start this fall so we're enjoying the view and the cows while we can. This morning, two cowboys arrived to round up the cattle - I guess they've been sold. I was so glad I happened to glance outside at just the right moment! The boys and I went outside to watch and sat quietly by the bars so the cowboys could herd the cows right by us without spooking them off. The boys have been begging to go to a rodeo all day now, haha!

Getting a feel for the herd

 Making a run for it

  Cows every which way

Get along, little doggie! 

 Guiding the herd

 Aaaaand back to the corner

 Make me, buster

 Finally got them into the funnel

 Following through to get the cattle in the back pen so they can load them into the trailer pictured in the background

 They're a little bewildered

One lone donkey was left. Nobody wanted her. :(

No comments: