I had the opportunity to volunteer at one of the many, many school fundraisers today. Derek was so excited to participate in the fun run benefiting the JDRF research group for Type 1 diabetes. I learned that there are 27 students (including one of the girls I used to teach in Primary) in the school district with Type 1 diabetes. The run was supposed to be outside but was moved inside because of all the rain we've had. I got to the school a little early and bought matching shirts for Derek, Bryce, Clara and myself. Derek and I wore our shirts during the run. I helped encourage all the kids by holding my hand out for them to slap as they ran past... some of them slapped pretty hard. :S Derek had a lot of fun running the obstacle course and jogging around the gym by turns and was thrilled to see me walk in the gym. :) He did a great job of course and had a blast. :) I took Bryce and Clara's shirts home to them and Bryce was thrilled that all four of us were going to be "twins."

Taking a flying leap over an obstacle
Navigating the hula hoops
Hoppity hopper
Almost bonked his head
Little too close to the hurdle, but he was always good about putting the hurdles back when he knocked them over
He was cracking me up with his fish-flopping-out-of-the-water leaps over the hurdles, haha!





No comments:
Post a Comment