Tammy heard about the production of Les Mis that the McKinney High School was putting on. That's one of her favorite movies and Liz's too. She invited, Liz, Jenna and I to make a Girls' Night of it and we had a blast! I understand that the story as a whole is supposed to be an uplifting one of the redemptive power of Christ, but I still struggle with the portrayal of such hopeless, senseless evil experienced by one poor girl who has no knowledge of where or from whom hope comes. Not to mention the disgusting lack of tact and comedic glorification of evil, plain and simple. However, it was nice to be able to spend time with my sisters and my mother-in-law and the high school students had very evidently been assembled from a highly talented group of students. Jenna and I had fun looking through the cast biographies and sniffing out the Mormon students who talked about BYU or missions. :) We stopped at Sonic for some sweet treats and protein. Tammy bought the family size onion ring box and we all chowed down on onion rings and milk shakes. Food of queens. :) So glad I was able to spend the night with loved ones and get out of the house.
Jenna, Tammy, Liz and me
No comments:
Post a Comment