Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bunkbeds for the Boys

It finally happened. The boys have a bunkbed! Mitchell heroically spent a big chunk of this gorgeous Saturday evening putting these beds together. The cousins were over, too, so we had to put a baby gate up in the doorway to let them watch from a safe distance, haha! Derek was thrilled to finally have a bunkbed "like Isaac, Mom!" and he immediately claimed the top bunk. Bryce was happy to claim the bottom bunk (once we boosted him up on it), so I think this will work out nicely. The two beds even come apart into individual twin beds, but I don't think the boys will be needing that for a while. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to find that out as teens, lol. For now, I can't wait to get their room decorated while I still can. I'm going with a red, blue and tan vintage airplane theme. I've even got a painting set I'm working on to hang in their room... probably above the top bunk.

 He gets the top bunk by default since Bryce can't climb any higher than that bottom step

Bryce taking his bottom bunk for a test snooze

Two very happy little boys!

No comments: