Monday, May 14, 2012

Meeting Preston

 Sereen, Jared and Preston got into town on Friday! YAY! We had a couple days to get to know Preston (and Sereen, too) and then Austin, Liz, Lanae and David (and the kids!) arrived Saturday night. It's been really fun having everyone together as a prelude to Christmas. We've got this whole week planned out and chock full of quality time. The crowning glory of this week will be Friday/Saturday when we move into our apartment and get our things from storage. I can't even describe the feelings I have when I think about being on our own. I'm terrified and excited all at the same time... we're going from one kind of stress to another, but I can't wait to start this new chapter. Here are some pictures from the first couple days we had with Jared, Sereen and Preston...

 Jeff has been remodeling his office in preparation for putting their house on the market to sell and Derek was allowed to help sand down part of a desk that had been chopped up. He was so happy to help! A funny side story - Derek picked up a hammer Jeff had laying in his office one day and tried to pound on the carpet. Jeff caught him and told him sternly to put it down. Derek jumped when caught, dropped the hammer and said," Oh, hi!" That's one of his new phrases. Whenever he gets caught or startled, he says, "Oh, hi!" He is such a cute little ham!

He sure does love his cousin!

Posing with Aunt Sereen - Derek put the hat on her head. 

Being cute

Her laugh is infectious

What a cutie!

All smiles

Except this one. He's so cute when he's mad!

Happy birthday Sereen!

No comments: