Friday, April 13, 2012

Mustaches and Playing at the Park (s)

I suppose this post is a little scattered. My laptop died... completely... and I was blog-less for about a week and a half til Mitchell set up our PC that he had thankfully insisted on bringing with us from Del Rio instead of putting into storage. So, here are my catch ups in no particularly coherent order, though I can attest that all the pictures/stories are posted in chronological order.

Introducing... Pancho Villa! Sheila sent this stick on mustaches for us to play with when we watched Merritt for a few mornings before Lanae and Logan arrived. So much fun! Derek kept trying to lick his while it was stuck to his face. Too funny!

Pancho Derek and Charlie Chaplin Merritt! These boys had a great time. Lots of Cars and lots of outside time kicking the ball around. :)

Logan going down the big slide (the day after Lanae, David and Logan arrived)

Little blurry, but such a cute pic!

While we were at the park, three teenage girls (12-13 yrs old) came to the park and sat on the swings (this is what he's looking at in the picture). Derek was riveted and tried to talk to them every chance he got. He was crushed when we had to go home. :)

Still looking at the girls, even though a puppy (his favorite distraction on walks) is a few inches away. Pepper was so good about making sure the boys didn't fall off the end of the slide. What a great dog she is!

We went to Aviator Park later the following week after David left... the boys always love these airplanes. I love Logan's face! He looks so mad to be getting a picture taken, haha!

Debating the flight path

Don't look up, Logan!

Sneaky shot

Logan loved running around, between, underneath and on top of all the playground equipment. He even tried to climb this rock wall. Lanae was a little worried about that one.

Of course, I found a way to introduce nature on this outing. I found a baby bullfrog and showed the boys. Derek begged to hold it, so I let him help release it.

He kept saying "frog, frog frog!" and trying to poke the poor thing. It hopped off his hand a few seconds later and back into the woods it came from. We took the boys home soon after for a much needed nap!

No comments: