Saturday, December 17, 2011
War and Peace
One of my favorite Book of Mormon heros is Captain Moroni. In the painting below, he carries the Title of Liberty which he wrote to motivate the Nephites to fight against the Lamanites who's main purpose in life is to destroy the Nephites. On the Title of Liberty, Captain Moroni writes, "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, our peace, our wives and our children." I've always believed there is a time and a place for war and battle, and often a valid reason. Captain Moroni basically listed all the reasons that it is right and good to go to war. It's not because we hate the enemy, it's because we need our families to be safe. We need our freedom to worship the Lord in peace. With that in mind, this was my thought today (that I turned into a picture!) as I read Matthew 5:39...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment