So, our internet is back. Thank heavens. It was out for 4 or 5 days. Mitch called Time Warner and they offered to send a tech out on Sunday. I shook my head and, when he persisted in making the appointment, I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. His response was to tell the operator "I'm getting dirty looks from my wife, can we move the appointment to Monday?" Smart man. :)
I've been participating in physical therapy for my shoulder for the past two weeks and it's been wonderful. the first half our is all heat pad and massage. WHY didn't I go in earlier?! It's been nice to get away from Derek three times a week too. It makes me happy to see him when I come back. :)
Derek has been saying "glig-glig-glig" and I think I know who he got it from - his cousin, Isaac! Mitch and I love to look at pictures and especially video of our adorable little nephews and Isaac makes us laugh every time. In one video, he demonstrates his new sound: "gligagligalig." I always thought Derek was indifferent because he never paid attention, just played with his own toys. I guess I was wrong. :) I can't wait to get them together now to see if they'll "talk" to each other. Toddlers are cuter than babies, I think.
Life is going. I think it's funny that Mitch and I have developed an aversion to a certain phrase - "When God closes a door, he opens a window." There have been times that he almost has to step between me and the person who has just repeated, for the umpteenth thousandth time this phrase. I'm not denying that God does that, I'm just sick and tired of everyone apparently thinking that I don't know this or that it's going to cheer me up. I don't think squeezing through a window is particularly fun.
I do, however, think that this is going to be a fun adventure. I'm reading a book about Queen Guinevere right now and there is one point in the book when, as she's leaving her home to go marry Arther, she offers to let her foster sibling go back to her own family. Her foster sibling points out that adventuring is way more exciting than being in a predictable routine. I kind of agree - it'd be nice to know we were leaving the Air Force and going straight to a job (or another predictable routine), but God really has blessed us: we won't have to worry about food to eat or clothing or a roof over our head because we've been faithful and full tithe payers. We qualify for those blessings of heaven the Lord talks about in Malachi.
Random thing for today - I like to brush Kal. It helps that he likes it too, but I love when I bring out the Furminator, point my finger and say "Bang" and he lays down on his side with a happy sigh and wags his tail. Then I get to brush his coarse fur into something soft. :)
6 comments:
if i say that phrase (or anything like it) to you, you may hit me. pregnant and everything. because things like that usually just make me angry too. when i miscarried, people said the dumbest things. i was like, i know it will be fine and that God has His reasons and blah blah blah. but don't expect me to be gracious to you when you tell me that.
anyway, i'm hoping we can stop being sick around here and have derek over to play soon! we've missed you!
Yah... I think people try to say "comforting" things because they don't know what else to say. Like when my mom died, people would always say, "Thank goodness for the gospel & eternal families..." I seriously felt like punching half of them bc its like that's not gonna bring my mom back you idiot. Of course that was grieving Makamae, not Makamae now. I know they had good intentions, but sometimes I think people forget that silence is golden! And sometimes we just need a hug and nothing more or less.
Feels like everyone has fallen off the face of the earth. Glad you're enjoying PT. I loved it :)
Part of me feels really bad for being so antisocial (ie, I know the relief society dinner is tonight but I really don't feel like wading through the pitying looks and "we'll miss you") but the other part feels really gracious for not submitting almost-complete strangers to my fake smile, gritted teeth and hormonal swings.
And I'm totally excluding our playgroup friends from that "almost-complete stranger" category. For that group, I just didn't want to burst into tears a few minutes after we got through the door.
And I feel really dumb because Adrienne has been nothing but friendly and gracious through their whole ordeal and she has way more reason to be upset - she's pregnant and they're driving about 3 times as far as we are.
Sorry for the novel. :)
I am seriously going to miss you guys.
oh gosh, kadi. stop. you are totally fine. (and to be honest, i wouldn't have gone the the RS dinner if i wasn't bringing two hams...i'm not actually particularly social even in the best of circumstances:)
by the way, i think you have been nothing but friendly and gracious as well.
Post a Comment