K, so Makamae, this isn't one of those kids-are-just-so-cute posts. Just a heads up. ;)
I need some help. Derek is screaming for absolutely no reason that I can discern. It's driving me insane, Mitch isn't coping well and every time we try to "discipline" him, Derek thinks it's initiating a game. Any ideas? I refuse to pop him in the mouth and swatting his bum isn't much of an option at this age. Right now, we've been clapping our hands (which makes a REALLY loud sound in our mostly empty living room and starts to hurt after a few minutes) and Derek has begun screaming in response. That's not going to work. Mitch has tried covering his mouth until he tries to pull the hand away and he just looks at us and laughs. Putting him in his pack N play - well, he likes it. He sits there and talks to himself or he rolls himself around.
GAH! What do I DO?!?!?!?!? He's been doing it for two hours now. He only stops to put rice puffs in his mouth and I'm running out of those. There is no way he can be hungry because I fed him three hours ago and he's been grazing ever since. Still, I just gave him a bottle and he is Going.To.Bed.
You know TexAnne, you're so right. This is just one of those days a good "damn" is the only thing that makes me feel better. *Sigh* I need to get some chocolate....
3 comments:
the commissary has pints of amazing dove chocolate ice cream. we're talking a solid layer of ganache on the top and fudge all throughout...mmmm.
we are having problems with dallin throwing little tantrums. the most effective thing we have found for things like this is to ignore him when he is behaving in a way that is less than desirable, and then give him lots of attention when he's pleasant. other than that, i sure don't know. i think that most of parenting consists of making up stuff as you go along...good luck!!!
Well I'm not a mom, and I love that you gave me a warning at the beginning. its hard when they're so young bc you can't really reason with them. Maybe ignoring him altogether when he's screaming? I dunno. I'm trying to think... "what would super nanny do?" :)
So sorry I don't have any good advice. That sounds really frustrating though. Ignoring him until he stops screaming, and then giving him attention the second he's quiet might work? Who knows!
Post a Comment