Derek is just stinking cute. It's amazing how 11 hours of uninterrupted sleep changes your perceptions. I went to bed last night fairly annoyed at Derek, who wasn't being remotely annoying chewing on his fingers, and woke up happy to see him even though he was fussy and crying. Go figure.
Our trip to Texas has been great so far. We fly back to Alabama on Monday. Derek was the perfect baby flying out here - no crying and hardly any fussing. Hopefully he's the same way on the way back. We visited my Dad in Ingleside for a few days, too. We mostly hung around and had a relaxing time watching movies and playing with their three dogs. I'm going back to live with them for a few weeks while Mitch goes to IFS. I made some drawings and suggestions for remodeling their backyard and I'm super excited. They'll buy the materials and I do the labor... except for cutting the trees down. I'm definitely not comfortable slicing down 30 foot trees that are close to the house and jutting over the fence. No way. But installing a fountain, planting walled gardens, setting up trellises, laying grass plugs and a stone walkway I can do. :) Grandma TexAnne introduced him to rice cereal, too. At 5 months old, he figured out how to swallow soft food after 3 tries. Absolutely amazing. Now, he eats about 5-6 tablespoons of rice cereal twice a day. He sure is a hungry little boy!
Last night, my sister, Amy, was taking Derek upstairs and she suddenly stops halfway up the stairs and calls for me. "Is that a dead lead on the stairs?" Well, if it was, why would she ask me? So I walk up next to her and check out what she's pointing at. Dead leaf? No. Bat? Yes. Itty bitty little bat, about 2 inches long, was nestled up against one of the stairs close to the top. So, as always, I was called upon to remove the critter. Rick gave me a piece of mail that came that day and an opened bag to catch the little bat. After a couple tries and several warnings from Mom not to be bitten (haha!), I finally took it outside and managed to take a few pictures. Unfortunately, I can't get them off my memory stick just now, since the computers here don't have memory stick slots. Oh well. I'll add them in another post on Monday when we get back to Maxwell.
I wish I'd taken a before pic so you could see how long my hair was before I cut it - it was almost down to my waist when I straightened it. I have a picture of the 10 inch braided pigtails, but it's stuck on my memory card, so will be added to the Monday post. I love my new haircut though. Super cute and it feels like I've lost 10 lbs! Enjoy the pictures!












Group Shot
1 comment:
Haa... I was gonna make some twilight reference in response to the bat story, but then I realized that Edward says thats not true :P (don't worry, I think twilight is kind of annoying)... Gross. Bats are disgusting. I've only ever had a few encounters, one being in Rexburg, and a few at Lake Powell, sleeping on the top of a boat house :P You sound like quite the handy woman. Maybe you can give me ideas on how to make my front yard not look lame anymore...
Post a Comment