Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Visit to Tennessee

We had so much fun on our trip to Tennessee! We saw the house that Mitchell grew up in, stayed with Grandpa and Grandma Wade and went to Dollywood! We also had a great time going to a magic show and The Comedy Barn (cameras weren't allowed). Check these out!

David and Grandma Wade's Maltese, Chrissy relaxing on the back porch

Grandpa and Grandma Wade took us on a boat ride down the river that runs through Nashville. It was so neat to see all the massive houses that lined the banks. Lots of celebrities' houses, too.

Grandpa and Grandma Wade

Uncle Jared entertained Derek for us. Thanks Jared!

What a lovely couple!

David and Lanae

I thought this was a beautiful boat

Let's go duck hunting in this hunting blind!

BANG!!! Got one!!


Reba McIntire's mansion/ranch/home

Crazy Colton

Jeff and Tammy took us to Dollywood - a theme park founded by Dolly Parton. There were roller coasters, a HUGE bald eagle enclosure (Dollywood rescues and rehabilitates bald eagles) with at least twenty birds, a recreation of Dolly Parton's tiny cabin where she grew up, and lots and lots of trees! I loved it! So much cooler than Six Flags. 

Derek and Isaac pretended to be little owlets in a nest

What handsome boys!

Derek says, "Say what?!"

I sure do love my little man!

Smiling and a little sleepy

Not sure where he picked this up but his fat little fingers look so cute in his mouth!

Apparently, someone decided to recreate the Parthenon and park it near Nashville. Lest you think this trip was all about fun, we actually got some cultural education... while having fun! The accurate replica of the statue of Athena was amazing in person. One of the original seven wonders of the world, I'd only read about this statue. To see it in real life was so cool!!

Grandma Wade and Tammy in front of Athena and Nike (winged figure in Athena's hand)

Replica from the front pediment of the original Parthenon

Who knew Jeff could photo bomb?! HAHA!!

I wish I could have two of these griffins guarding my front door. It would have to be a big front door...

Look!  A walking Greek statue! ;)

Close-up of the recreation of the pediment

We attended Mitchell's old ward while we were in Morristown. The Heaths caused quite a stir when we all walked into the chapel. I was afraid the bishop was going to stop opening exercises just so we could introduce all the spouses and kids. It was great to finally meet some of the facebook friends who added me just because I married Mitchell. The ward was very welcoming. :)

David, one of Mitchell's best friends growing up

No comments: