Happy birthday sweet princess pea! You are still so petite and tiny that some of your 3-6 month pants fit like capris! You still wear mostly 6-9 month clothes. Your brothers love to bring you little treasures like cars, pieces of food or anything they think you'll like. You're usually pretty picky about what you accept from them, haha! Derek loves to pick you up and jog around the living room to make you laugh, but I don't let him do that often. Bryce tries to tickle your belly, but he's pretty rough and you don't always like it. Occasionally, you have tender moments when he wanders over to lay down next to while I'm changing your diaper and you reach up to tenderly touch his face.... and pinch his nose or cheeks. :) You don't like to share the limelight (as evidenced by that picture of you and Bryce, haha!) You have your own little bubble and you don't often deign to share space with others. I'm sure you'll get better with sharing as you get older. :) Your hair is so beautiful and curly. Grandma is constantly commenting on it and telling you not to complain about bad hair days. I rarely have to to do anything special and your father loves it when I put it half up into waterspout on top of your head. You mostly wear a flower clip to one side though. I'm so glad you never showed much interest or opposition to wearing them!
You don't really like to cuddle, but you do like to look at books. You don't have much patience for reading them yet, but I hope we get to that point soon! You don't really have any favorite toys or blankets, but you insist on having a binkie at night and you bang your head on your crib until you go to sleep. You're pulling out some of the hair on top of your head because of it, but your side part helps cover it. :) You don't have any words, or any teeth, but you are starting to imitate grunting sounds back and forth with me. You LOVE peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Oh my goodness, you prefer that to pretty much anything I try to feed you. On the other end, you HATE eggs. I've tried so many different ways to get you to eat them, but you refuse. You love milk and you'll eat almost any pureed vegetable or fruit combo without complaint.
You're tottering after your brothers with a definite (and vocal!) disapproval for being left behind. All the more motivation for you to progress quicker, haha. Some nights I can hear the three of you giggling and jabbering in your room and I hope you remember how much you love each other. I'm so excited to see what you do this next year and I know you'll keep growing and discovering all the wonderful things Heavenly Father has created for us. He loves you so much, Clara. We can't imagine our family without you and I'm so glad you couldn't wait to get here. :) We love you, princess!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment