Derek found a baby bunny just sitting in the grass today while we were at the park. I pulled out my phone to take a picture and promptly dropped it in the grass near the bunny.... so I had to retrieve it. Derek walked right up to the bunny and bent over to pick it up before it hopped a few paces away. I stepped in to catch it humanely and we carried it back to show Bryce and some of the other kids in the park. Our friends, the Griggs, arrived for our playdate at the park and Derek enthusiastically announced the baby bunny. Haha! Tamara pointed out a recent bite mark on the bunny's leg, which explained the lack of flight as I was trying to catch it. It wasn't swollen or infected, so I let the bunny go to heal normally and watched him hop into the bushes. We promptly went to wash hands in the bathroom. :)
Baby bunny in the grass
Bryce was so excited about the bunny, too. Look at that face!
Sweet little thing sat very still in my hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment