Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Picnic Party, Clara's Finished Mobile and Switching Trees

 Derek insisted on having a picnic breakfast with Bryce

I think they enjoyed it


 This is the "cool" way to drink milk. :)

I've had Clara's mobile hanging in the garage and I finally decided to finish it last night. I had to hot glue the flowers to the wire wreath which was problematic til I sacrificed my Riverdance shirt to provide something for the glue on the flowers to stick to. So, I glued the shirt scraps to the wire wreath, and the flowers to the shirt and it turned out better than I expected. Well worth the time, effort and money. Now, Clara has something that I hope she'll keep in her room til she has her own little girl to pass it on to. :)

 I loved having some quiet time to work on this pretty thing

 ...Ta-Da! It's more gorgeous than I anticipated. Can't wait to hang it up!

Tammy had a couple trees that she wanted the boys to move, so they spent an hour this evening digging up and replanting two of the trees in the backyard. Derek and Bryce darted outside to alternate between watching them work in fascination and happily playing in the golden sunshine. Clara was content to sit in her bouncer and watch from the patio while I took some pictures.

 Replanting the spruce tree where the maple was

What to play with first?

 No filter. Love my oldest boy!

 Derek and Bryce were excited about the mud hole Uncle Colton was making

 I caught Derek and Bryce trying to drink from a leak in the hose, so...

... I helped. Behold, Derek's first drink from a hose

 Mitchell and Colton had to dig up the sod to place the maple

 Batter up!

 Bryce loves playing with bouncy balls

 Replanting the maple

We love this backyard. The space, the view, everything.

No comments: