Sunday, February 16, 2014

Clara's Baby Blessing

Clara was blessed today! Mitchell did a great job giving her the blessing (in front of the whole congregation, too!) even though Clara wasn't too pleased with the whole thing. :) It was a wonderful blessing. See this link for more information about baby blessings in the LDS church. I had some trouble hearing the blessing, but Mitchell helped me write down some of the things I missed a little later. Our sweet girl sure is lucky to have such an awesome daddy!

We were so happy to have family with us today, too! My dad, stepmom and Alex came up so Dad could stand in the blessing circle with Mitchell, Colton, Austin, John (Liz's brother) and our bishop. It was so hard not to see Jeff standing in the circle next to Mitchell, but we could feel his presence and I know he was so proud of Mitchell. Tammy, Liz and Jenna put together a yummy luncheon after church to celebrate and everything was just great that day.

I love Clara's dress. I found it at a kids' resale shop (Kid-to-Kid) and fell in love with the simple fabric and cute pink flower and ruffles. It came with a funky-looking, pioneer-ish cap but I opted to use the pretty white-rose-and-pearl headband that Nana got her for Christmas. I was a little worried the dress wouldn't fit because Clara is so petite, but she looked adorable! 

Back: Tammy, Bryce, Colton, Liz, Austin, Mom, Mitchell, Me, Clara, Dad, Alex

Colton, Mitchell, Clara, Dad, Austin. John and Bishop Woodrum weren't able to get in the picture. 

Clara and Nana

Such a precious girl!

Nana loves this picture. Clara looks unimpressed with our photo set up, haha!

Love this! 

She had so many admirers, she didn't know where to look

Snagged one of those sweet, sweet smiles. She is just so precious!

She's still working on tummy time, but she's getting better!

We are so glad you are forever a part of our family, Clara! We love you so much and can't wait to see you grow!

No comments: