I can't believe Derek is already a Sunbeam! Sunbeam is the name of the first class in the Primary program at church. Primary age kids range from 3 to 11 years old and are divided into different classes based on age. Sunbeams are 3-5 years old. Derek's Sunbeam teacher, Sis. Brown, brought a cute sunshine balloon to the house earlier this month to say hi and welcome him into her class. Derek loved pulling the balloon all over the house and showing it to everyone who came over. In fact, he loved it so much, it finally gave out. He had a great first day in Sunbeams and I'm so proud of him! He didn't have a single problem and Sis. Brown gave a glowing report. He loved singing time in Primary, too. He learned "Do As I'm Doing," (a follow-the-leader Primary song) almost immediately and asked to sing it for bedtime tonight. I'm glad he's enjoying the transition and I hope it continues to be a positive experience for him every Sunday.
I love my Sunbeam!
No comments:
Post a Comment