I did it! I ran my first mud run today! Well, really my first "competitive" run ever. Some of these pictures are a little embaressing for me, but I want to remember this run. It was awesome! So. Mush. Mud! My friend, Erica and her husband were so kind to watch the boys while I headed over to Grapevine with Jeff, Tammy and Liz to run in the mud. Thanks Erica! When we arrived, we checked in, stashed our gear (and clean clothes) and checked out the competitiors. Almost everyone was in some sort of pink and several teams were wearing tutus (it was a women's race, so no guys allowed). Liz was a big fan of the tutus. ;) My mom came to check out the lay of the land and root us on. She's helping to put on the kiddie version of this mud run next month. Exciting! The course we ran today was 3 miles long with 12 obstacles of various sizes and shapes. We did all of them! Way to go Dirty Darlings ("It's what we call ourselves... we're kind of like a team" NAME THAT MOVIE!)!! I'll let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves. :) Lanae, Sereen, we wish you had been here!
Sisters!
Girl Power!
Gotta love the matching... well, everything, really.
Jeff-pile!
Our lovely photographer. ;) Thanks Mom!
You can't see us but we're waaaaaaay in the back. Almost dead last.
The under-overs. This was an under.
Military training is still useful!
1\2 the way there. Get it?!
Ugh, this one was hard. The thin ropes were caked with slippery mud and we had just climbed out of the mud mosh-pit. Tammy actually tackled me! Way to go!
Dirty Darlings indeed.
Liz was the bravest of us and went over the last tall wall. I took one of the smaller ones (we had to sign a release waiver and I wasn't taking chances with all that slippery mud).
A super tall rope pyramid. Fun if it weren't so tall. Safety mats, people! Seriously!
Waiting in line for the bouncy mud house. Liz is going to get me back for smearing mud in her hair. :)
Peek-a-Tammy
Racing for the metaphorical 50K
I chose to pull a Derek and roll down the slide. ;)
Liz did too!
Her landing was much more spectacular.
The last obstacle!
This mud pit (the last of three) was so freaking sticky! If you stopped moving, you sunk to your elbows.
Emerging swamp monsters... in case you didn't know how they were created. ;)
Running across the finish line!
One of the dirtiest, muddiest team ever! And the most amazing! I love you girls!
Jeff helped Liz and I clean off at the end. Lol!
The champions!
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH- SO FUN!!! You guys look amazing! Ah, it would've been so fun to be there with you girls! Man... Y'all are just too cute all covered in mud. :)
Aww, thanks Lanae! Wish you could've been there, but you'll come next year. ;)
Post a Comment