Saturday, June 30, 2012

Visiting Lanae and Logan!

David had to do some training away from home again, so I took a trip down to Del Rio to hang out with Lanae and Logan! Prior to arriving there, I stopped off in San Antonio to spend a couple days with my dad, TexAnne and Denise. We hung out at the hotel, swam in the pool and toured a HUGE nearby mall so some of their Apply stuff could get fixed. Denise was a huge help watching Derek and he talked to her constantly. I wish I had taken pictures of that part of my trip! Silly me. I set off to Del Rio on Friday morning and Derek instantly went from car trip angel to car trip demon. Every few seconds went like this...

Derek: "Momma!"
Me: "Yes, Derek"
Derek: "Mooo/Choo Choo!"
Me: "Derek, there are no cows, horses or goats/trains around here."

Seriously?! At least the "Momma, truck!" didn't come out til about halfway there. He really gets a kick out of spotting every single truck on the road (since we're in Texas, it's about every third vehicle on any given roadtrip). He was much better behaved on the drive back, but I digress...


Derek and Logan were having lots of fun in Walmart! Logan wiggled onto Derek's lap and Derek took it all in stride! What a great big brother he'll be!

Lanae set up the air mattress for me with lots of fluffy blankets and pillows. The boys thoroughly approved!

A laundry cupboard is a great place to lounge while you pick your nose or brush your teeth.

What a good "cheese!"

Logan wasn't happy when I opened the doors. He preferred them to be shut, haha!

Cousins!

Oh the cuteness!

Derek had a pack and play that I put him down to sleep in but, when it was time for me to go to bed, this is what I found nearly every night. :)

Lanae made a cake for a baby shower and the cake tops became a cake for us! YUM!

We still have no idea how Derek got into the crib...

Little boy chatter!

Derek loved Logan's cars. Luckily, they were both pretty good with sharing or distraction

No kisses please, Mother...

The "angry fish" face

Thirsty boys after a long, hot morning at the park. I just love the composition and color of this picture. Call me weird. :)

Copy cat-ing Logan! Quite often when Logan is asked to do or say something, Derek jumps right in and does it first.

One of the many belly laughs Logan does

Who knew this little boy was so funny?!

Hi Grandma!

One day, Lanae and I put the boys down around 1pm and they both woke up at 3. We had been up late the night before and the night before that hanging out and having fun, so we were both bushed. We couldn't fathom what we were going to do to entertain these boys for then next 5 hours til bedtime! Lanae suggested we take them to the pool which worked brilliantly til the pool closed at 5. Oh no! We still had 3 more hours to go! So, at our wits end, we opted for a pancake dinner at IHOP and dessert at McDonald's so the kids could run in the playplace. Thank heaven! It made for one of the more memorable afternoon/evenings of the week. :)

Oh Derek, you're so cute!

Lanae and I both thought this was a cool picture. :D

Honestly, this was quite often the current activity: fighting over the steering wheel in the yellow bubble. Pretty sure it was supposed to be a yellow car, but it seriously looked just like a bubble with windows and a steering wheel.

What a handsome kid!

Derek's first taste of cottage cheese. Mmm...

Bustin' a move!

Dance party! Michael Buble makes us sway!

No comments: