Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Pool

It's only been 5 days since Lanae and Logan left, but it feels like weeks. Thankfully, Derek and I have been staving off boredom fairly well. And watching tons of How To Train Your Dragon because I'm too lazy to go upstairs and turn on other movies (ie Pride and Prejudice). Speaking of P&P, guess what I'm watching now? Haha! To be fair though, we're also working on sword fighting etiquette... I'm just waiting for the day when the sisters in nursery tell me how my son has been beating the other kids with a spoon. :S

Dad and Mom Heath picked up this inflatable pool for the boys to play in before Lanae and Logan left - I just had to add this picture of Logan. Don't worry, he warmed up to it in the end. I'll let Lanae post the others. :)



Derek and I have been trying to get into the pool everyday. He's had a cold for a little bit, but we managed to spend a few minutes in the pool today. It's been a little difficult fending off all the yellow jackets, though. Well, I suppose it was just one in particular but it seemed determined to get at the water in the pool. Thank heavens I had a book with me to bat it away, but I had to fish a VERY large hornet out of the water before I let Derek climb in. **Shudder!!** Of all God's creations, I hate hornets and wasps the most. Too many stings when I was a kid... and the nasty little critters can sting multiple times. Ugh.

Splashing is one of his favorite activities!


I love this face! It looks like he was puzzled that the plastic didn't taste very yummy. Haha!

Grandma Heath taught him how to scoop water into the bucket - he taught himself how to empty it.

Still loves to chew...



First time in a wading pool

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cracks me up how he doesn't want to sit down in the pool but bends all the way over to get to the water. Was he drinking it?

Kadi Heath said...

Ugh, YES! I can't figure out how to get him to stop that. I just try not to think about all the dirt and bugs in that nasty water. ;)