Monday, March 28, 2011

JOB!!!

K, so it's not our end-pont, but our starting point. Mitch accepted a job as an overnight stocker working for the brand new walmart in Frisco. For those of you unfamiliar with Texas, Frisco is near us. Hehe. His employers are SUPER impressed with him and anticipate him moving through the ranks fairly quickly. He starts mid-April and the store opens in May. All I care about is that he starts getting paid in April. WOOT! This means my days will now be spent caring for Derek, keeping the house clean and looking for apartments - in that order. I feel pretty jittery but I'm so thankful that we have a job now. It pays just enough for us to scrape by if we're thrifty. Score! For those of you to whom this is a shock - join the club. :)

3 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

HOORAYYYYY!!!!! that is fantastic news. i'm so excited for you. it's got to be such a good feeling knowing that you'll have some income. what a long wait! hope that things keep looking up for y'all!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that things are working out for you guys, and I'm really impressed that you continue to remain positive through all the ups and downs. Things will work out!

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

YAAAYYY for a job! I totally understand this feeling and I so wish Patrick could've worked while we still lived with family so that we could save some before moving out and trying to survive, haha. It's rough, but YAY for having a job!!! :)

Congrats!